Stevie Nicks to Release New Album 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault in October
Kristin Burns/Warner Bros.Stevie Nicks hinted earlier this year that she might release some older songs that had never seen the light of day. Now, she’s making good on that tease: her new album 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault is due October 7.
According to Stevie, the album features mostly songs written between 1969 and 1987, with two that were written in 1994 and 1995. “Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story,” she says in a statement. “They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken-hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories — the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you.”
The artwork for the album includes never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Stevie throughout her career.
24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault is available for pre-order starting August 5. That same day, Stevie will debut her new, official Instagram account, StevieNicksOfficial, where she’ll begin previewing snippets of the music.
In addition, a limited edition double vinyl version of 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault will come out September 29. Also available will be a Deluxe Photobook CD, which will include two bonus tracks, as well as 48 pages of exclusive photos from Stevie’s personal collection.
Stevie and Fleetwood Mac will hit the road for their On with the Show tour — featuring the return of Christine McVie — starting September 30 in Minneapolis.
Andrea Dresdale / ABC News Radio / Thursday, July 24, 2014
The Nicks Fix
- Rock on, Gold Dust Woman: Stevie Nicks’ new album drops Oct. 7 (AXS.com)
- Stevie Nicks confirms October release for 24 Karat Gold (Billboard)
- Stevie Nicks raids vault for solo effort (Classic Rock)
- Stevie Nicks reveals details of new solo album (Elmore Magazine)
- Stevie Nicks to release new solo CD 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault Oct. 7 (Hollywood Reporter)
- Stevie Nicks details release plans for new solo album 24 Karat Gold (Rolling Stone)
- Stevie Nicks mines the past for 24 Karat Gold album (USA Today)